Good morning everyone but especially…
The wait is over and the meteoric rise is complete Scott Rolen. they are Heading to the Baseball Hall of Fame After his sixth year on the ballot. he will attend Fred McGriffWho was it Voted by the Contemporary Age Committee in DecemberTwo-man in the 2023 class.
- in his 17 year career with Phillies, Cardinals, Blue Jays And Redsrolen racked up Seven All-Star Game nods, eight Gold Gloves, 1997 NL Rookie of the Year and 2001 Silver Slugger, He also won the 2006 World Series with St. Louis.
- Rolen’s 70.1 career WAR ranks 10th all-time among third basemen.
- rolen only 10.2% of the vote in his first year on the ballot, Lowest Voted Into the Baseball Hall of Fame by a Player, he received This time around 76.3 percentFive votes above the 75 percent threshold.
is rollen Unsure whether he would choose a Phillies or Cardinals cap for his plaque…or if it won’t have a logo. With 10 years of qualification available to players, it is not about who makes it. getting votes is a big story – as evident from Rolen’s story – and several notable names did well there:
- Todd Helton– 72.2 percent (11 votes away from admission) in the fifth year.
- billy wagner – 68.1 percent in the eighth year
- Andrew Jones – 58.1 percent in the sixth year
carlos beltran received 46.5 percent of the vote in his first year on the ballot, normally a solid number but, in this case, complicated by his role in Astros‘Fraud Case’. Where Beltran’s Vote Share Goes From Here Will Be One Of The Biggest Stories 2024 ballotAnd our Matt Snyder investigates what that ballot will look like Here,
related to Active players with Hall-of-Fame potentialmatt saw more than 50 names and noted seven locksIncluding Mike Trout. Here are all of Matt’s takeaways from this year’s vote.
not so honorable mention
Bill O’Brien Is The Patriots’ New OC, Leaving Another Big Hole 🏈 In Alabama
Bill O’Brien Going back to the NFL is filling a huge need for one of the league’s premier franchises and leaving huge shoes to fill for one of college football’s premier programs. on Tuesday, O’Brien agreed to be Patriot‘ offensive coordinator, the same role he worked for Alabama in the last two seasons.
It was an important fare for New Englandand O’Brien’s track record – especially bill belichick — speaks for itself.
- O’Brien spent 2007–11 with the Patriots., working his way up from offensive assistant to offensive coordinator. The Patriots went 64–16 during those five seasons and ranked first in scoring offense and second in total offense.
- O’Brien then spent two years Penn StateHead Coaches Prior to Returning with the NFL texans, He posted a 52-48 record in Houston — Only coach in franchise history to finish with a winning record — but was fired after an 0-4 start to the 2020 season.
- During O’Brien’s time at Alabama, the Crimson Tide ranked in the top five in yards per game, points per game and touchdowns, and he coached a Heisman Trophy winner. Bryce Young,
Now, he’ll be tasked with helping another former Alabama quarterback — mac jones — Take a big jump after the second season’s effort. The Patriots’ offense averaged only 18.2 points in 2022 and was Worst red zone group in the league,
As for the other side, nick saban Now For the fifth time in his Alabama tenure, both coordinators in the same dynasty would have to change (defensive coordinator Pete Goulding left for the same post On ole miss earlier this month). add it to stars like Young and Will Anderson Jr. departure for the NFL, and Saban has his work cut out for himwrites our David Cobb.
Expected to explore potential landing spot trades for Aaron Rodgers with Packers
It looks like the third straight off season of speculation about whether Aaron Rodgers Will play again — and if he does, where will he play? According to reports, the packer Huh At least Rodgers is expected to consider trading this off season, with jordan love Getting closer to being ready to take over in Green Bay.
there will be There’s No Shortage Of Potential Contenders For The Four-Time MVPwrites our Cody Benjamin, who lists nine teams That might be of interest. One of those nine is a Hall-of-Fame icon have already given their support,
Mike Clevinger charged with domestic violence under MLB investigation ⚾
white sox starter Mike Clevinger Is MLB under investigation after allegations of domestic violence and child abuse from Olivia FinsteadThe mother of Clevinger’s 10-month-old daughter.
On her Instagram feed, Finstead detailed several alleged incidents, including one where Clevinger suffocated her last June while she was with padres, Weeks later, according to Finstead, Clevinger slapped her and threw chewing tobacco at her child.
- clevinger Agreed to one year, $12 million deal with the White Sox in November. The team became aware of the allegations after the deal.
- League’s Collective Bargaining Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy Allows Commissioner Rob Manfred Disciplining players regardless of criminal charges.
- Seventeen players have been suspended under that policy since it was implemented in 2015.
Unseeded American Tommy Paul reaches Australian Open semi-finals 🎾
An American man has not won a Grand Slam since Andy Roddick at the 2003 US Open. tommy paul then there are two matches to change Beat fellow American Ben Shelton 7-6(6), 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 in the quarterfinals of the Australian Openlate last night. Paul will face Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.
The trio of Paul, 25, Shelton, 20, and Sebastian Korda, 22, led a strong performance from the American men Down Under. he was For the first time, three American men made it to the Grand Slam quarterfinals Andre Agassi, Robbie Ginepri and James Blake did it 2005 US Open.
Paul is currently ranked 35th in the ATP rankings and 28th in the world. Florida,
What We’re Watching Wednesday 📺
No. 13 Xavier at No. 19 UConn6:30 p.m. ET on FS1
Nets on the 76ers7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN
Grizzlies at Warriors10 p.m. on ESPN
USMNT vs Serbia10 PM on HBO Max, Peacock